Roulette - One of the Most Popular Games at Music Hall Casino!
Roulette is one of the most popular casino games ay Music Hall Casino. Now you can experience roulette as if you were sitting right now in a casino in Las Vegas or Monte Carlo - but before you start playing at an online casino, you should read about a few tips and tricks to help keep your losses to a minimum. Read our roulette rules and tips below to find out more!
While you make yourself familiar with all the available bet types on the Roulette table, why not click the Play Now button to download the Music Hall Casino software.
Roulette Bet Types
The core of a roulette board contains the numbers 1 thru 36, plus a zero (0) and for American Roulette Games, a double zero (00). You can bet on a single number, a series of numbers or even number characteristics on the roulette board such as colors. The two types of roulette bets are explained in more detail below:
Outside Bet - On the edges of the table are the places allocated to make outside bets. An outside bet can be a bet placed on a group of numbers, or some binding characteristic like color. All outside bets lose if the ball drops on 0 or 00.
- Red/Black - A bet placed on the winning number color. Pays even money 1 to 1.
- Odd/Even - A bet on the winning number being either odd or even. Pays even money 1 to 1.
- Low/High - A bet made on the winning number either falling in the range of lower numbers (1-18) or the range of high numbers (19-31). Pays even money 1 to 1.
- Columns - An outside bet on the 12 numbers contained in any one of the three long columns on the layout. The roulette table is just that, a table, with three columns an 12 rows. At the end of these columns there are places (usually labeled 2 to 1) to lay chips. Roulette rules state that if a number in your column comes up you win. Pays 2 to 1.
- Dozens - A bet placed on either the first dozen numbers (1-12), the second dozen (13-24), or the third dozen (25-36). Pays 2 to 1.
Inside Bet - Inside bets can be placed on specific numbers or a series of numbers either within the number layout or on the border.
- Straight-up bet - A bet made on a single number (including 0 or 00). Place this bet by putting your chips squarely in the center of the number you want. This bet has the longest odds but pays 35 to 1.
- Split bet - A bet on any two adjoining numbers (including 0 and 00). To place this bet put your chips on the line separating the two numbers. If either of the two numbers are where the ball falls, you win. Pays 17 to 1. It's worth mentioning that you can also play a split bet on 0 and 00
- Street bet - A single bet that covers three numbers in a row. Place your chip on the outside line of the row you want to bet. Pays 11 to 1.
- Corner bet - A single bet on four adjoining numbers that form a square. Place your chip where the four numbers converge. This is also known as a square bet or a quarter bet, and pays 8 to 1.
- Five-number bet - there is only one five-number bet. Place your chip at the corner of the intersection of 0, 1, and the first dozen. This bet covers 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. Pays 6 to 1.
- Six-number bet - this is better known as a 'line bet'. This bet covers two adjacent rows of numbers. To make this bet, place your chip on one of the outside lines at the intersection of two rows. This bet pays 5 to 1.
Now that you have seen all of the available Roullete bet types, you can continue to read our Roulette tips below or click Play Now to start playing Roulette.
Our Roulette Tips
This is a short list of simple to remember, and easy to follow roulette tips. The fact is, there are no roulette tips that will make you a bundle, but here are some that may keep you from losing one.
- Never follow anybody's system. Even reputable names in the online gambling industry recommend you spread your bets around with a 'system' that makes no sense. Umm, ok let me just place the black and third column, so that if I win on one I will most likely lose the other. I'm sure they've convinced a million people to play though, because look at how few numbers could cause you to lose completely! That was sarcasm, subtle, but sarcasm. Spurious logic spouters, never listen to them.
- Try to play Roulette tables that only offer a single zero roulette wheel, as it will cut the house edge.
- No matter how appealing, never bet the five-number bet as it has the worst odds on the table.
- Always review the previous numbers if you are playing outside bets. For example, if the last 5 numbers have been Red, then you should consider betting Black as it most likely will have a higher probability of being the next number.
- Special Tip: If you want to place an outside bet on Red or Black, you should consider a combination bet on a column as well. If you choose to bet Red, consider also betting on the third column as there are 8 Red places on the board in that column (3-9-12-18-21-27-30-36). Conversely, if you bet on Black, consider also betting on the second column as there are 8 Black places on the board in that column (2-8-11-17-20-26-29-35).